McLaren College is an online school designed to identify and train people for software
engineering careers who otherwise may not have such an opportunity.
We do not charge any up-front fees for our course; our fees are charged as a
percentage of a student's income after they finish the course.
This is an opportunity to join a growing startup with a friendly team and be part of
a mission to deliver life-changing results for our students
About The Role
You will be assisting in conducting our full-stack
development course which includes developing React web apps, with Mongo/Express and Firebase back ends.
Your role will involve:
- Reviewing and grading assignments submitted by students
- Assisting the teacher in curriculum development and course projects.
- Following up with students if they fall behind the schedule to submit their assignments
- Monitoring the school's Slack channels and answering student homework questions
- Conducting stand-up meetings with students to check their progress and solve any doubts they may
- Overseeing student projects and providing ad-hoc instruction and mentoring
- Overseeing the pre-course work done by potential students
- Solving the algorithm challenges that we give students yourself so you can grade their
- Scheduling and overseeing 2 hour teaching/mentoring sessions between graduates and current
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for this role:
- Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- You must be in a timezone which allows you to be online for at least 4 hours between 8:30 am and
5:30 pm, Indian Standard Time
We prefer applicants with any of the following:
- Experience with the MERN stack
- Some work experience in an object-oriented language
Location and Hours
We are a remote-only team and you can choose to work from home or a co-working office space
provided by us. You will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
How To Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the role you are applying for and your desired salary.
Please include a description of an interesting project or functionality you implemented and how you went about it.
Here's what will happen after you apply:
test. We will email you 3 coding problems and you will need to write code to solve the problems and then email
us your code within 60 minutes.
- If you pass the screening test, we will schedule a 2-hour meeting on Zoom for a more in-depth
coding challenge and to assess your communication skills and learn about your goals and experience. We will
repeat these 2-hour Zoom meetings a few times until we are confident you are a good match for this role.
We will pay you a reasonable hourly rate for each of these meetings.
- If all goes well, we'll offer you a position on our team! Alternatively if we reject you at
any stage we will notify you by email.